Friday, February 1, 2019

Conquering potty training makes me think the rest should be a peace of cake.

We had some wins this week. But they were preluded by some big toe stubs. I chose to fast on Monday for Thomas to get the position he's been gunning for, as well as my sewing capabilities to be on par with this minky blankets endeavor that I fell in love with. That decision was both a blessing to think of those things and see partial fruition of what we have control over, but also because it was the first time in more than a year I was able to fast since I was pregnant and nursing...thank HEAVEN I'm no longer doing that. But we all know that story. I've seen Thomas be calm about the outcome either way. At this point he's still in the running. Fingers crossed.

I've been really lazy with potty training because of the constant effort it would take. Tuesday we didn't have much planned so I decided to dedicate it to such. Let's just say I plan to write a letter to her to read a year from now for this day with apologies because I was not a pretty human. But Wednesday I said we were going to aim to go in the potty and I promised to be patient. We spent nearly an hour and a half on the little potty, promising fruit snacks if she did something. Pumped her full of juice and water, stuck her hand in warm water, and read potty books. When she did go in her little potty we partied like it was 1985....and she got her fruit snacks. I was ecstatic. She was ecstatic. Then she began to have an accident but we quickly put her on her training potty and she went and went and went and was sooooooo proud of herself. Probably one of the best mommy memories so far. Then to top it off she went in the big girl potty. When she her the splash she was bezerk in the best way. Now she earns licorice pieces because that's a lot of fruit snacks. Now she prefers underwear, even held it (didn't know she even understood that concept) until we got home, and has started going quicker and quicker.

Wednesday night was on the other hand crazy challenging with lil man. His teething makes him cough himself awake...then he's hungry. Though we're trying to break that habit I was being stubborn, which lead to a melt down because 2 am is not the best time to try new things. So last night we just gave him the bottle when he woke up and we were back in bed with in 10 minutes. So why did God let Wednesday night be so terrible and exhausting? I believe it was to learn a lesson....I need my sleep and I have to do what it takes to get it. He'll eventually sleep through the night and probably be like every other teenager where I have to harass them to get out of bed.

Also, got two blankets done....I think. Working on another with confidence and knowing how to work my machine better. Happiness is learning and conquering.

No comments:

Post a Comment