Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Your loud plea for acceptance equals demanding my silence and tolerance

From everything to people wanting acceptance for deciding to be openly homosexual, to leaving the church, to running red lights, or not accepting parental responsibility....I'm sick of it. Every time people make these choices they loudly and aggressively demand my acceptance, love, happiness for them, and silence. My opinion has no relevance, nor MY feelings. They are not allowed. They are unwelcome. I'm supposed to let you shout from the roof tops, but when I disagree and out of concern, show sadness, you shove every particle of evidence down my throat as to why I should see things your way.

I get we all have the right to choose what we do. I get these decisions are personal. But I'm allowed my thoughts on the matter. Do you get that? I don't plan to burn your house to the ground. I don't plan to get a voodoo doll and reenact that scene from temple of doom. I simply feel sad. Can you allow me to feel sad? Can you allow what I believe to have validity as well? Why is that so much to ask? If I were intolerant of you it would look like racism in the 60's. I don't segregate myself from you. In fact, I still invite you to dinner and we talk about common ground. If I was intolerant I'd make you wear a star and monitor your every move. Instead, you shout it from the housetops and remind me of your choices regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment