Friday, September 25, 2020

Food blog #1- Gourmandise The Bakery Salt Lake

 Anyone who knows me knows I love food, specifically going out to eat. But I also have a weak spot for fancy food, specifically desserts. That's my escape. Hershey bars are gross. Especially since I've been to Europe and tried real chocolate, but I'll take a Toblerone as a close second. I've decided to share my wonders when I find them.

Gourmandise The Bakery

    I found out about this place through Only in Utah, a subscription that emails you about cool things from restaurants to hikes to ghost towns. I checked out the menu and was instantly intrigued. They have the perfect blend of fancy but familiar. There are 3 locations, one in uptown Salt Lake, Draper, and American Fork. It was off the beaten path but from when we got there to when we left the place was always packed. And for good reason. They have pastries up the ying-yang and they don't leave anything out in the description so you can taste it as you read it and have to try it. They're middle range pricey, so if you're looking for a little bit more reasonable budget, go to Kneaders.

    I got the proscuitto artichoke mozzarella sandwich and the cobb salad without the blue cheese crumbles or dressing, and instead got their house ranch. THAT made a big difference I'm guessing because I'm still thinking about when I can go back and get another. Thomas, my husband, got a beef brisket grilled cheese with vidalia onions, aka sweet onions. For dessert we got a raspberry mousse slice and a chocolate mousse slice. The raspberry was less sweet and could be eaten in one sitting. The chocolate had to be shared and my kids did the best little happy dance.

     The atmosphere of this little place is french cafe with its indoor outdoor seating options, hanging lights, clean, simple interior, and shrubbery enclosing you with little birds chirping all around along with pleasant piano music in the background. I saw a mixture of fancy dressers and casual diners. This place fits everyone, even kids.

     The way they take orders is cool too because they have a little hand held machine that they take notes on and it transfers right to the kitchen so you don't get a mess up in you order.

    The only downside was they didn't have the chocolate hedgehog I read about on the menu because apparently the little dude flies out the door.

     All I can say is I can't wait to go back. It might even been worth having door dash deliver but honestly half the fun is going and being there and watching everyone enjoy themself.

No comments:

Post a Comment