Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Successful mommying with two big things

I've had a rough couple months in the mommy category but I'll tell you what's made a big difference.

Realistic expectations and flexibility.

My biggest annoyance with myself was being a mom that yelled. I wanted to react better and it just seemed to never get better. It made it difficult in the idea of having another kid. Well, something clicked one day and I tried to be patient and loving, and I went with Little miss to the store and we were that classic mom and kid in the store with tantrums. I got to the point where I sternly said I didn't care if people looked at me unapprovingly because this is how I had to handle it in the moment. Something clicked with her and she calmed down just a bit. But the best part was going to the car in the rain and her bent under my jacket to stay out of the rain, then in the carseat all buckled and I said," Mommy's sorry for getting mad. Can you forgive her?" and she sweetly smiled and said "yea!" and I followed up with "Do you love mommy?" and she replied the same sweet "yea!"
Make up is almost better than wanting to be perfectly calm all the time.
Opposition in all things is a true principle. It makes the sweet sweeter even if the sour is more sour.

Flexibility. My biggest fear is never having something planned or those plans falling through and having to come up with stuff. Well, last week instead of freaking out when plans fell through I just became ok with staying home and reading or playing with her.
God is flexible with a lot of things. He even had a back up plan starting with Nephi because Joseph was going to cave to pressure and lose the manuscript.

Be flexible and have a back up plan. Expect things are probably going to be change.

No comments:

Post a Comment