Friday, May 19, 2023

Cravings Bistro

 

Cravings Bistro–Ritzy Grilled Cheese Goodness

By Dana Sevy


Cravings Bistro is a combination of rustic barn decor meets hipster, with plenty of space for seating. Located across the street from Ugly’s Closet Thrift shop in downtown Pleasant Grove, their menu has everything from classic grilled cheese to ritzy creations for reasonable prices. 


I was recommended the “sampler” which is actually a “secret” menu item. It’s a finger sandwich of each of their “classics” menu. 


Disclaimer: I’m not a huge grilled cheese fan because it doesn’t fill me up. Short back story: when I was in Europe I wouldn’t try a lot of the food they’re famous for because I thought, “I can make pasta at home, so I don’t want to pay for it.” This left me very hungry in Europe. I felt the same way about paying for an out-to-eat grilled cheese. I’m glad I tried it anyway! 


Here are my favorites from “The Sampler.” The ABC: it stands for Apple, bacon, and cheddar. Sweet and salty combined for a great crunch. I could eat a whole one of those! 


The Gourmet is next. It’s definitely fancy Grilled cheese meets artichoke spinach dip, one of my favorite appetizers. A whole one of these too, please!


The Tomato Pesto is nice and light and full of flavor. I loved the cute little tomato soup that they give you for dipping on the side. It was not your average Campbell’s tomato canned soup. 


I think the combination that surprised me the most was their Swiss Days: ham, pickle, and caramelized onion mayo. It was delish! 


Keep in mind this was just the sampler. They have a plethora of other yummy sounding menu items, but I’m just one gal who’s got to maintain her girlish figure.


Cravings draws people from all over the valley with its cheesy goodness. As I was waiting for my order I got to speak with a few customers. Katera Barlow of Saratoga Springs says,” It’s my favorite place to go. I can’t get enough of the pepperoni melt. You have to be patient because it takes a while, but it’s so worth it.”




No comments:

Post a Comment